Of course, the trade in mobile handsets is one of the most intense in the country. The device has become, almost a necessity in modern society, mainly to search and communicate on the Internet. Far beyond serving only for phone calls.
Therefore, the manufacturing companies invest so much in the product – presenting innovations and differentiated prices. It is precisely in the price category that buying a Smartphone that is tied to an operator seems to be advantage.
Is that really an advantage? Read our post and understand how it can be helpful to purchase an unlocked phone!
- Seven-layer color process. The beautiful finishes of the back glass are achieved using an advanced process that allows for deep, rich colors.
- Aerospace-grade aluminum bands. A special Apple‑designed alloy is precision‑machined to create structural bands and anodized to complement the color of the back glass.
- Wireless charging. The glass back allows iPhone XR to charge easily and wirelessly.
- Intelligent A12 Bionic. This is the smartest, most powerful chip in a smartphone, with our next-generation Neural Engine
- 12MP rear camera, ƒ/1.8, wide-angle lens, Portrait mode with Depth Control, 2x faster sensor for Smart HDR across your photos, 4K video up to 60 fps
- Renewed products look and work like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers, which typically perform a full diagnostic test and a thorough cleaning process. Packaging and accessories may be generic. This product is backed by the Amazon Renewed 90-day guarantee.
- Factory unlocked iPhones are GSM models and are ONLY compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as other GSM networks around the world. They WILL NOT WORK with CDMA carriers like Sprint, Verizon and the likes. The phone requires a nano SIM card (not included in the package).
- 7MP FaceTime HD camera with Retina Flash Splash, water, and dust resistant 4K video recording at 30 fps and slo-mo video recording for 1080p at 120 fps. 12MP rear camera, optical image stabilization
- Apple A10 Fusion chip with embedded M10 motion coprocessor
- 1.3GHz dual-core Apple A7 (64-bit ARMv8) processor
- 8-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 1.2-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
- 4.0-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 640 pixels by 1136 pixels at a PPI of 326 pixels per inch.
- This Certified device is in EXCELLENT cosmetic condition, it is 100% fully functional as tested by our expert technicians and passed an industry leading 65-point inspection.
- The device may have minor cosmetic wear such as minimal light scratches on the screen and minor imperfections on sides and/or back. The device has been thoroughly inspected, cleaned and refurbished (if necessary) at our manufacturer approved repair center. Includes New OEM A/C Adapter & Data Cable. Devices do not include a SIM card, headphones, original box, and a manufacturer's warranty. This UNLOCKED device is being sold for use with other CDMA or GSM carrier networks such as Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile. Please check with your carrier for compatibility. This item is covered by our 90 day money back guarantee.
- 4.7-inch Retina HD display. 12-mexapixel iSight camera now includes Live Photos - allowing you to capture a still photo, together with what happens before and after your picture. 5-megapixel FaceTime HD camera.
- iOS, Chipset: Apple A8, Processor: Dual-Core 1.4 GHz Typhoon (ARM v8-based), GPU: PowerVR GX6450 (Quad-Core Graphics)
- 8 Megapixel Camera with f/2.2, 29mm, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, 1/3" sensor size, 1.5 m pixel size + 1.2 Megapixel Front Camera with f/2.2, 31mm, [email protected]
- 4.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen, 750 x 1334 pixel resolution with Ion-strengthened Glass, Oleophobic Coating
- GSM Unlocked Phones are ONLY compatible with GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile as well as other GSM networks around the world. They WILL NOT WORK with CDMA carriers like Sprint and Verizon (Search for "Fully Unlocked iPhones" for CDMA compatible iPhones
- 12megapixel iSight camera with 1.22 pixels; f/2.2 aperture; Hybrid IR filter; Panorama (up to 63 megapixels) 4K video recording (3840 by 2160) at 30 fps; Slomo video support for 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps; Take 8-megapixel still photos while recording 4K video
- FaceTime HD Camera: 1.2megapixel photos; f/2.4 aperture; Improved local tone mapping; Retina Flash; Talk time: Up to 14 hours on 3G
- 4.7-inch Retina HD display.
What is unlocked cell phone?
The chip is the matrix of a cell phone; it keeps the information, the number, the credits and the calendar. Due to the importance of this device, the operators only sold blocked devices and only people with the operator’s chip could use the phone locked by it.
However, the arrival of GSM technology, which was deployed in all operators, allowed the sale of unlocked cell phones. An unlocked device is one that allows the use of any chip (so you can use chips from different carriers on the same phone).
You’re right to unlock
As determined by Anatel (National Telecommunications Agency), every consumer is entitled to free unlocking of their device. However, operators still determine a lot of bureaucracy in the process, which makes things difficult for the customer. It is therefore important that consumers know their rights and know how to use them to their advantage.
Already in 2007, the Bloqueio site was one of the pioneers in passing information to mobile users, talking about their rights. The following year a petition signed with a million and a half signatures guaranteed the right to unlock. In 2010, Anatel finally recognized this right, guaranteeing every consumer the free unblocking at any time, simply by calling the operator and requesting it.
How to unlock
Those who have the device locked and wish to unlock it must take to the operator, according to Anatel’s recommendation, the invoice of the product and its identity. Also request the protocol of attendance, name of the attendant and date of the request.
Each operator has its own rules regarding unblocking, some of which are more accessible than others. If your request is denied, the consumer should seek Procon, Anatel or complaint sites.
Users of Apple-branded products can enjoy unlocked gadgets and features through a method developed by hacker groups. Jailbreaking refers to both unlocking services and applications.
This allows the user to enable previously inaccessible features. It can even enable, for example, a device that had exclusive use in the United States.
Advantages of an unlocked phone
Due to the obstacles offered by the operators, it is best to buy an unlocked device. The unlocked cell phone has many advantages, such as:
- Change operator whenever you want.
- On trips abroad, buy prepaid SIM cards to work in the country in question (which is cheaper than paying for international calls).
- If you have more than one handset, lend your phone to a family member or friend, if he has features such as a camera, video camera and continue to receive calls on another cell phone.
- Enjoy different carrier services; use the chips on different unlocked cell phones, as it is most convenient at the moment.
- Offer or sell your device to anyone when you want to purchase a new one.
There are many advantages to buying an unlocked phone. Even paying a little more expensive, the transaction pays off.
Is your device unlocked? Did you buy it or did you want to unlock it at your service provider? Make your comment below, leave your opinion on the subject and share your experiences with other readers!